Answers Mark 1 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 1:21-39
3. These verses are a day in the life of Jesus. List the main activities of Jesus that filled that busy day.
1. Taught in Synagogue 2. Delivered the man with the unclean spirit. 3. Healed Simon’s
mother in law. 4. Healed many with divers diseases and cast out many devils.
4. Mark uses the words astonished or amazed several times in these verses, what were the people
1. Astonished at his doctrine verse 22. 2. At his authority and diversity verse 22. 3. Amazed
at the power to cast out devils verse 26-27
5. Much of the emphasis of these verses is on the authority that Jesus carried. List some of the things
mentioned in THESE VERSES that Jesus had authority over.
Unclean spirits, devils, sickness and disease
Day 3 Read Mark 1:21-28
6. From Mark 1:21-26 from what was going on at the time; what do you think made the demon manifest
itself. See also John 8:32
Truth both in the Word in which Jesus taught and also in the person for Jesus is the truth.
7. From these verses who recognized Jesus for who He was?
The unclean spirit.
8. If a person recognizes and confesses who Jesus is does that mean that person saved? Explain your
No for the unclean spirit recognized who Jesus was and even confessed that he was the Holy
One of God but he was not saved.
Day 3 Read Mark 1:29-34
9. What detail of this picture of Jesus appeals to you in the miracle of healing the fever.
The compassion of Jesus and the ease in which he healed her; Jesus took her by the hand and lifted her up.
10. What did the woman do once she was healed?
She ministered unto them; Simon, Andrew, James, John and Jesus.
11. Why do you think Jesus command the demons not to speak?
He did not desire the testimony of someone or something which did not love and serve him.
Day 4 Read Mark 1:35-39
12. How does Jesus’ life show the importance of early morning prayer?
Jesus who was filled with the Spirit without measure and was God in the flesh needed to pray
how much more do we need to spend time in prayer.
13. Have you made early morning prayer a habit in your own life? If so can you share how it has made a
difference in your life?
14. From Jesus’ statement in Mark 1:38 what do you think He might have been praying about?
Direction in where the Father would have him to go and the power and wisdom for fulfill the
Day 4 Read Mark 1:40-45 Matthew 8:5-15 (1-4)
In Acts 2:22 three different words are used to describe the supernatural works of Jesus. They are miracles, wonders and signs. All the supernatural works of Jesus could be consider miracles some evocated wonder in those that saw them while other miracles were outward signs which held deeper spiritual meaning. This next miracle is one that is considered a “sign”.
15. From verses 1:40-45 give at least three attitudes or actions on the part of the leper in his interaction with Jesus which are also needed for spiritual cleansing.
1. The leper acknowledged he had a need and sought out Jesus. 2. Beseeched (call near, intreat
Jesus 3. Knelt down and worshipped Jesus. 4. Consigned himself to the will of Jesus. 5.
Believed Jesus could heal him.
16. Read both accounts of this healing and compare the details. List all the things which impress you about:
a.The actions of Jesus
Put forth his hand, touched him and spoke.
b. The words of Jesus
I will; be thou clean. 2. Charged him to tell no man, 3. go thy way, 4.shew thyself to the priest
5.offer the gift that Moses commanded for a testimony.
c. The emotions of Jesus
Moved with compassion
d. Which of these points about our Lord mean the most to you?