Answers Mark 2 A
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 2:1-12 Matthew 9:1-8 & Luke 5:17-26
3. Which verse in Mark passage points to the unique deity of Jesus and His authority which belongs to
Verse 5 When he tells the man his sins are forgiven.
4. The Matthew version adds something to what Jesus said to the man with palsy that is not in the Mark
version. What is it?
He tells him to “be of good cheer.”
5. Whose faith did Jesus acknowledge in this miracle?
All but mainly the man’s friends who brought him. Their faith.
6. How could you apply this event to helping others come to Jesus with their needs both spiritual and
Sometimes you must carry them, us your strength and faith to get them to Jesus.
Day 3 Read Mark 2:13-19, Matthew 9:9-13 and Luke 5:27-32
7. Compare Mark 2:14 with Luke 5:27 what other name was Matthew called by?
8. What was the first thing Matthew did when he met Jesus?
He arose and followed Jesus and threw a party.
9. The Matthew version adds something to what Jesus told the Pharisees? What was it and what does
I will have mercy and not sacrifice. Jesus prefers us to show mercy to others over
10. Who is the bridegroom of Mark 2:19? See also John 3:25-30
Day 3 Read Mark 2:20-22, Luke 5:33-39 John 3:25-30
11. What period of time do you think Jesus was speaking about when He said: “when the bridegroom
will be taken from them; then they will fast”?
After His crucifixion and ascension to heaven until Pentecost when the Spirit of Christ
12. From John 3: 25-30 who is a “friend of the bridegroom”?
Those that rejoice at the voice of the bridegroom and point others to Jesus the
bridegroom and not to themselves.
13. How can you be a friend of the bridegroom?
Introduce others to Jesus so he may become their bridegroom as well.
Day 4 Read Mark 2:21-22, Matthew 9:16-17 and Luke 5:33-39
14. Try to explain how Mark 2:21-22 represents the Old Testament shadows and the New Testament
fulfillment. See also the Luke passages along with Colossians 2:16-23.
You can’t mix the old law with grace
15. Connect Mark 2:21-22 with 2 Corinthians 5: 17
When Jesus comes into our life, all things become new, and the new no longer fits into
the old framework.
Day 5 Think over this lesson and answer these questions.
16. If I am not joyful since Jesus has come into my life, why?
17. Where in my life have I tried to patch up the bad places with a little religion?
When we try to replace works with relationship or the law for grace.
When we take on a “they are reaping what they have sown attitude”, or “an eye for an
18. When can I expect joy and peace to be mine?
When we move out of our old traditions and look for new and fresh experiences with and