Answers Mark 3 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 3:6-12
3. We have seen the hostility grow from just verbal complaints to the first plot to put Jesus to death. How does Jesus react towards this hostility?
He withdrew himself.
4. How do you react to open or plotted hostility of others?
5. Challenge: Looking at a Bible map find Jerusalem, Tyre, and the area called Beyond the Jordan. How large of an area is this? And how many people do you think might have come out of these areas to hear Jesus and be healed?
Very large. Thousands.
Day 3 Read Mark 3:13-19 with Luke 6:12-13
6. Read the account of this story in Luke 6:17. What did Jesus do before he chose His twelve disciples?
Prayed all night.
7. Mark 3:14 gives two reasons that Jesus called or appointed these 12 men; what were these two reasons? Which one of these two things do you feel is the most important?
1. That they should be with Him. 2. That He might send them forth to preach.
Most important to be with Him.
8. Read Mark 3:14-19 with Matthew 10:2-8 list the things their ministry was to include?
Heal the sick, cast out devils, cleans the leper, raise the dead.
Day 4 Read Mark 3:20-30
9. From Mark 3:20-21 what was Jesus reaction to the multitude? What were the reactions of Jesus friends and family?
Jesus had compassion on them and just kept serving the people. His friends thought He was beside himself.
10. From verse 22 what is the answer the scribes give for the extreme compassion of Jesus?
They said he had a devil.
11. From verse 22 who is Beelzebub?
Prince of devils.
12. What reason does Jesus give for His power not coming from Beelzebub?
If a kingdom is divided against itself it cannot stand.
13. Please understand that many people have different viewpoint to the statement in verses 28-29; what do you think is the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?
Attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to the work of the devil and reject the work of the
14. In what ways do people today attribute God’s work to man or Satan because what is happening does not fit into their pattern?
Many times when there are supernatural manifestations they fell it is manipulation of men
or work of the devil.
Day 5 Read Mark 3:31-35
15. From verse 31-35 what does Jesus base family relationships to; blood or something else?
Those that do the will of God.
16. Who are your brothers and sisters? Do you treat them as family?
Those who do the will of God. I hope I do.