Answers Mark 4A
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 4:1-9 & Luke 8:4-15
3. Who is the sower?
Jesus was the first sower and now it is our job to sow the seed.
4. What is the seed? See Luke Passage.
The Word of God
5.List the 4 types of soil what happened to the seed sown in each type of soil.
1. Wayside- the fowls devoured the seed. 2. Stony ground and it sprang up but withered. 3. Fell among thorns and chocked. 4. Fell on good ground and produced fruit.
6. What is more important; the condition of the soil or the skill of the sower? What does this tell you about your efforts to sow seed?
The condition of the soil is more important then the skill in which the Word is sown.This tells us we must be aware of the condition of the soil and through prayer and wisdom prepare the soil before we try to sow the seed.
Day 3 Read Mark 4:10-13 & Matthew 13:10-17
7. What reason does Jesus give His disciples for speaking to the people in parables?
1. To spark interest. 2. To dim the lights.
8. Why is the gospel a mystery to some people? See also 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
1. They are lost. 2. Satan has blinded their minds.
9. What do you think Matthew 13:12 means? See also John 3:16-20
If you do not act on the revelation given you will lose it and receive no more.
10. From Matthew 13:15 what are the two blessing connected with hearing and seeing?
Salvation and healing
11. How do we see the word?
When we understand what it is trying to reveal to us and also by seeing it through the person of Jesus who is and was the word made flesh.
12. List several different types of healing Jesus could be referring to in verse 15. What and why do they need to see and understand to receive these blessings?
Salvation in the fullest sense and healing; both physical, emotional and spiritual. They need to see and understand the word.
Day 4 Read Mark 4:14-20 & Matthew 13:18-23
13. What does Jesus say the fowls or birds represent?
The wicked one or Satan.
14. Give some examples of how the enemy can snatch away the seed?
1. Afflictions, Persecutions Offences Mark 4:17 2. Blinding their minds and eyes to truth.2 Cor. 4:4 3. Lack of understanding Matthew 13:19 4.Temptations Luke 8:13
15. What happens when we are not rooted and grounded in the word?
We become easily offended and fall when affliction or persecutions come our way.
16. What does Paul tells us will keep us from falling when tribulations come? See Romans 8:35-39
Knowing the love of Christ.
17. Give everyday examples of the thorns Jesus referred to.
1. Cares of this world—Money or Job concerns. To busy. 2. Deceitfulness of riches…Much like the Heridoian spirit. If I am prospering everything must be ok. 3. Lust of other things….Got to have its.
18. Can you give reasons why the plants growing in good soil would produce fruit in varying degrees? See Romans 12:2, Philippians 2:12-13 and 2 Corinthians 9:6
To the degree we yield our heart and ourselves to God and to His will it is in that degree
we will produce fruit.
Day 5 reflect over this week’s lesson
19. What type of soil represents your heart?
20. The condition of soil can change; what can you do to assure the soil of your heart
Keep it watered by the Spirit that well spring of water spring up into everlasting life.
Keep the stones out. Pull the weeds.