Answers Mark 4 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 4:21-25
3. What is the purpose of a candlestick?
To give light.
4. According to the Bible what is the source of true light. See John 9:5, Matthew 5:14 and Psalms 119:105
God’s Word and Jesus was the Word made flesh.
5. If the Word of God is light and reveals truth why did Jesus speak to the multitude in parables?
To dim the light so they might see and to spark their interest.
6. Explain in your own words what you think verses 4:24-25 means?
What you do not use you lose.
Day 3 Read Mark 4:26-29
7. From verse 26 what is the job of the man or farmer in this story?
He is to sow the seed
8. From verse 27 what does he do next?
9. Read 1 Corinthians 3:6 & 3:9. After reading these verses how do they apply to the story of the farmer in Mark 4:26-27
We labor together with God. We are to plant the seed and wait for God to bring about the
harvest. Then we are to swing back into action and bring in God’s harvest.
10. According to this passage in Mark once the seed is sown when is the farmer called back into action?
Once the fruit has matured.
Day 4 Read Mark 4:30-32
To understand the parables you must use the key Jesus gives in the first parable.
11. What is the seed? See Mark 4:14
God’s word or the message of the Gospel.
12. What does Jesus tell us about the mustard seed? See Matthew 17:20
The smallest of all seeds but accomplishes great things.
13. Why do you think Jesus called the mustard seed the least or smallest of all seeds? Was he actually thinking of size or something else? If something else; what? Please note this same Greek word is used in Mark 15:40 to describe James.
Jesus was not taking about size but humility.
14. Why do you think Jesus chose a mustard seed to teach a principle on the Kingdom of Heaven?
You may what to look up in a dictionary or encyclopedia the different uses.
Pungent flavor, emetic and soothing lotions.
15. What happen to the seed once it is grown?
It became a tree.
16. What are the fowls or birds in verse 32. See also Mark 4:4 and Mark 4:15
Satan or wicked one.
Day 5 Read Mark 4:33-34
17 From verse 33-34 who does Jesus explain or expound upon the parables to?
Those that are close to or in relationship with Him.
18 . How much alone time do you spend with the Lord so He can reveal truth to your heart.