Answers Mark 5 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 5: 21-43
3. Verse 22 states Jairus’ position among the Jewish community, what might lead you to believe Jairus waited until the last minute to ask for Jesus’ help?
At this time the leaders of the Synagogue were having a hard time with Jesus’s ministry and popularity. Jairus might have been ridiculed or even banded from the Synagogue for seeking help from Jesus.
4. What do you learn from Jesus’ attitude toward Jairus, who obviously belong to a group who opposed Jesus on every turn?
Jesus had compassion of him.
Day 3 Read Luke 8:40-48
5. There are approximately 7 things that lead up to the healing of the woman with the issue of blood. Name as many as you can and give the verse in which you found your answer.
1. Her desperate condition v.25 2. Tried all human remedies v. 26 3. Had spent all she had v. 26 4. Heard of Jesus v. 27 5. Determined to touch Jesus v 27 6. Planned her procedure v 27-28 7. Exercised faith v 28 34 8. Knew she was healed v 33
6. What might have life been like for this women? See Leviticus 15:19-28
7. Have religious people ever made you feel unclean? Do their actions draw you to Jesus or turn you away?
8. Considering her situation what does that tell you about determination to receive from Jesus?
Sometimes we must be willing to take a chance and press through to get to Jesus.
9. From Luke 8:47 what does this account give that is omitted in Mark’s version.
She witnessed before all the people.
10. What was the force behind this woman’s miracle?
Day 4 Read Mark 5:35-43
11. Who came and brought the new news to Jairus?
Not Certain maybe friends maybe a servant.
12. What was Jesus response to this news?
Be not afraid, only believe.
13. When you are seeking the Lord about something and the situation seems to get worse, what is your response? What should your response be? See Luke 18:1-8
Keep believing, keep seeking , keep knocking.
Day 5 Re-read Mark 5:35-43
14. Why do you think Jesus only allowed this small group to continue on with Him?
Wanted to keep out the unbelief. Do not want to make a show of the miracle. Did not what to frighten the little girl.
15. When you are praying about something who do you choose to stand with you, everyone or just a few chosen friends? Give reason for your answer?
Just a few chosen friends who I know will pray and believe God with me.
16. From verse 39 how does Jesus view physical death?
17. Do you think a person who has died is asleep (unconscious) in the grave or is just the body asleep? See 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 and Philippians 1:21-26
Personaly I believe only the body sleeps.
18. From the two miracles we studied this week what actions of Jesus or actions in the other characters of these stories, causes you to want to change.