Answers Mark 6 A
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 6:1-5
3. What does the passage in Mark 6:1-5 imply was the reason why the people of Jesus’ own country “were offended at him”?
Because they saw him as only the carpenters son, the son of Joseph and Mary.
4. From Mark 6:1-5 what prevented Jesus from doing mighty works in this place? Have you ever experience a time where Jesus could not work in your life as He wants to? How can you avoid this in the future?
Because of their unbelief. If you do not see Jesus for who He is you limit His working in your life. Believe Him for who He is.
5. From verse 2 what was the force at work in Jesus’ life that miracles flowed out of?
Day 3 Read Proverbs 8
6. From Proverbs 8:1-3 list the 5 places where wisdom cries or calls from? From these places who is she calling?
Where the paths meet or at our crossroads. At the entry of the city. At the doors. The common people or anyone who will hear.
7. From Proverbs 8:6 what does wisdom produce?
8. From Proverbs 8:10-11 and verses 18-21 what is wisdom better than? Why?
Gold or silver She will produce righteousness and judgment as well as riches and substance.
9.From Proverbs 8:17 who will find wisdom?
Those they will seek her early.
10.From Proverbs 8:32-36 what are some of the blessings of wisdom?
He who finds wisdom finds life and favor with the Lord.
Day 4 Read Mark 6:7-13
11. What did Jesus give his disciples power over? Has He given you the same power? See Mark 16:17
Over unclean spirits and devils. Yes.
12. Why do you think Jesus sent them out in pairs? See Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, & Matthew 18:19
If one fall the other will be there to lift him up. They can keep each other warm. They can be protection for one another. Two have more authority in united prayer.
13. From verses 8-11 why do you think Jesus told them not to take provision?
He was teaching them to depend on God.
Day 5 Read Mark 6: 14-29
14. Why was Herod so frightened?
He though John the Baptist who he had beheaded had returned from the dead.
15. From verse 26 do you think it is always to keep an oath?
No, obviously not here and at other times when we make foolish oaths we should repent of our foolishness and not keep them.
16. What did Jesus say about oaths? See Matthew 5:34-37
Do not make them because we do not have the power over keep them we do not even have power over our own hair much less many circumstances in life.