Questions Parable of the Leaven
Day 1 Review last week’s lesson
1. What stood out to you the most from our study on the Book of Philippians?
2. What were you able to change or put into practical practice from our study?
Day 2 Read Matthew 13:33
3. What does leaven represent? See Exodus 12:15
4. What warning does Jesus give about the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees? See
5. What was the leaven of the Pharisees? See Matthew 16:6-12 & Luke 12:1
6. What was this doctrine of the Pharisees that Jesus found so dangerous?
See Matthew 23:13-15 & Matthew 23:23-33
7. Personal: Search your heart; do you find any of this type of leaven even in a lesser
degree in your own heart? If so what do you plan to do about it?
Day 3 Read Matthew 13:33 with Matthew 16:6
8. What was the leaven of the Sadducees? See Matthew 22:23-29, Acts 23:8 &
2 Timothy 3:5
9. What did Jesus say was the cause of the Sadducees error in doctrine?
10. Since the Sadducees were the nations religious leader what does that say about
11. What is the best way you can keep from falling into this error? See Matthew 22:37,
1 John 1:3-7 & 1 John 1: 9-11.
Day 4 Read Matthew 13:33 & 1 Corinthians 5:1-8
12. What was the leaven that Paul mentions in the 1 Corinthians?
13. What is the root of this leaven? See 1 Corinthians 5:2
14. What was Paul remedy for this leaven? See verse 2 & 8 in 1 Corinthians 5.
Day 5 Read Matthew 13:33 & Galatians 5:1-15
15. What is the leaven Paul speaks about in the Galatians verses?
16. What two commands does Paul give in verse Galatians 5:1 that will combat this
leaven? See also Colossians 2:14-17 & Acts 15:9-11
17. What do the 3 measures of meal represent? See Genesis 18:1-6
18. What does the woman in the parable of Matthew 13 do with the leaven?
19. What would this leaven do to the meal?
20. Is there leaven in your own life and what will it do to your fellowship with God and