Questions Mark 1 A
You will not be called on to share a "Personal" question. Answers are on a voluntary basis only.
"Challenge" means you might have to go outside the scriptures to find the answer using dictionaries or maps. Answers for Challenge questions are on a voluntary basis only.
Day 1 From the introduction of Mark
1. What stood out the most to you and why?
2. Personal Has there ever been a time when you were amazed by the actions of our Lord? If so what amazed you
Day 2 Read Mark 1: 1-8
3 Who was John? See Mark 1:2-3 and Matthew 11:7-10 Luke 1:8-17 and Luke 1:34-45
4. Why do you think God chose the wilderness for the beginning of the gospel or good news?
5. From verse 4, 7 and 8 what was John’s message?
6. How can you be a voice crying in a wilderness place?
Day 3 Read Mark 1:9-13, Matthew 3:13-15, John 1:32-34
7. Why do you think Jesus was baptized?
8. From Mark 1: 10-11 what was the first thing that happened after Jesus was baptized?
9. What was the first thing the Spirit did after the baptism of Jesus
10. Read 1 John 2:16 if sin could be put into 3 major categories; place each temptation Jesus endured in the
wilderness in its proper category.
The lust of the flesh,
The lust of the eyes,
The pride of life
11. Personal Which area do you struggle with the most?
12. How did Jesus overcome the temptations? What does this tell you?
Day 4 Read Mark 1:14-15
13. In verses 14 the Bible says that Jesus came into Galilee preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
What did Jesus mean by the Kingdom of God?
14. From verse 15 give 3 points of Jesus’ message.
15. Challenge: What does the word Repent mean?
16. What does it mean to "believe".
Day 5 Read Mark 1:16-20
17. From verse 16 Jesus begins to pick his disciples; who were the first two and what do you know about
them. See also John 1:35-42
18. From verse 19-20 who were the next disciples that Jesus called and what do you know about them from
these verses? See also Matthew 4:21-22 and Luke 5:1-11