Questions Mark 4 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 4:21-25
3. What is the purpose of a candlestick?
4. According to the Bible what is the source of true light. See John 9:5, Matthew 5:14 and Psalms 119:105
5. If the Word of God is light and reveals truth why did Jesus speak to the multitude in parables?
6. Explain in your own words what you think verses 4:24-25 means?
Day 3 Read Mark 4:26-29
7. From verse 26 what is the job of the man or farmer in this story?
8. From verse 27 what does he do next?
9. Read 1 Corinthians 3:6 & 3:9. After reading these verses how do they apply to the story of the farmer in Mark 4:26-27
10. According to this passage in Mark once the seed is sown when is the farmer called back into action?
Day 4 Read Mark 4:30-32
To understand the parables you must use the key Jesus gives in the first parable.
11. What is the seed? See Mark 4:14
12. What does Jesus tell us about the mustard seed? See Matthew 17:20
13. Why do you think Jesus called the mustard seed the least or smallest of all seeds?
Was he actually thinking of size or something else? If something else; what? Please note this same Greek word is used in Mark 15:40 to describe James.
14. Why do you think Jesus chose a mustard seed to teach a principle on the Kingdom of Heaven?
You may what to look up in a dictionary or encyclopedia the different uses.
15. Why do you think Jesus called the mustard seed the least or smallest of all seeds?Was he actually thinking of size or something else? If something else; what?
16. What happen to the seed once it is grown?
17. What are the fowls or birds in verse 32. See also Mark 4:4 and Mark 4:15
Day 5 Read Mark 4:33-34
18. From verse 33-34 who does Jesus explain or expound upon the parables to?
19 . How much alone time do you spend with the Lord so He can reveal truth to your heart.