Questions Mark 7 B
Day 1 Review Last Weeks Questions
1. From our discussion on the questions or the lecture what stood out the most to you?
2. What have you applied to your life this week from our study last week?
Day 2 Read Mark 7:24-27 and Matthew 15:21-26
3. Thinking back over the teaching of Jesus in Mark 7:1-23 why do you think He left and went into the Gentile cities of Tyre and Sidon?
4. From the Matthew verse how does this woman first approach Jesus? (What does she call him?)
5. Give two reasons Jesus might have answered the Canaanite woman in the way He did at first?
Day 3 Read Mark 7:28-30 Matthew 15:25-28
6. How does her response to Jesus’ answer show another step forward in understanding His person and confidence in His compassion?
7. What does true worship consist of? See also John 4:21-24
8. What does the Matthew verse add to Jesus answer that the Mark version does not?
9. What are the two distinguishing factors of her prayer that brought about an answer?
10. What do you think gave her such courage and confidence to continue climbing until she reached her peak of great faith?
11. What rewards did she receive from her faith and confidence and how can you apply this to your needs?
Day 4 Read Mark 7:31-37
12. Try to find a map of Palestine in Christ’s time and trace the route that Jesus took spoken of in
Mark 7:31. Why is this important?
13. What is the greatest barrier to someone who is deaf and dumb?
14. List the 7 steps Jesus took to heal this man? And express why he may have taken some of these steps?
Day 5 Re-Read Mark 7:31-37
15. Verse 34 says Jesus looked up into heaven and sighed… (this word has also been translated groan) there are two separate opinions on why Jesus done this? What is your thoughts?
16. Up to verse 36 Jesus seems to be dealing strictly with the deaf and dumb man. Immediately after the miracle to whom does Jesus direct his attention and what does he want? How does this differ from Christians today?
17. Since we endeavor to follow Jesus in other matters why don’t we follow Jesus in his example to us in this today?